Saturday, October 23, 2010

Lady speed stick powder burst review and breast cancer issue

Hello...
The weather is good today, make me feel spirited :-)
It is nice to go out in the good day like this, do a lot of activities, and hang out with friends
But sometimes hot day or activities drive me sweat a lot
So I need antiperspirant which protects me all day long

My favorite antiperspirant is Lady Speed Stick 24/7



white stick


I tried a lot of drugstore deodorant, but nothing can beat lady speed stick
I bought them on sale, $3 each (regular price is $5.5, expensive huh? nett weight is 65 g), so I can't restrain my self grab them two :-) Both are powder burst scent
It is a white stick, glides well, and not sticky at all
Plus I don't get any itches after applying it (my skin is pretty sensitive)
It works nicely, keeps my dry all day long, doesn't leave yucky yellow or white stain on my white shirts
Surprisingly I keep catching the subtle fresh scent until night even though I don't reapply it :-)
Of course I will repurchase it, maybe in another variant.

The ingredients

The active component of antiperspirant is aluminium zirconium tetrachlorohydrex
Most  antiperspirant use aluminium as their main ingredient
Aluminium forms a temporary plug on the top of sweat ducts that stops the flow of sweat (just for a while, don't worry)
Some people believe that aluminium-based deodorant can cause breast cancer, maybe because the antiperspirant is applied to an area near the breast and aluminium is believed can be absorbed through the skin

Well actually, there is no convincing evidence or report that breast cancer can caused by aluminium-based antiperspirant
In 2002, the results of a study looking for a relationship between breast cancer and underarm antiperspirants/deodorants were reported. This study did not show any increased risk for breast cancer in women who reported using an underarm antiperspirant or deodorant.
In fact, when we sweat, we produce acid. Aluminium will form complex with acid. The complex won't be absorbed to our skin and will be gone from our skin surface when we take a bath
Aluminium is found everywhere and aluminium is not categorized as carcinogen. This also includes the FDA (Food and Drug Administration).

Moreover, breast cancer is caused by carcinogen exposure, DNA damage, or mutation

So I believe the claim about breast cancer caused by aluminium-based antiperspirant is still a rumor.
I will update this post if someday I find fact about the opposite claim

That's all for today. Happy weekend :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment