Friday, October 22, 2010

JASSO foundation and Thai food

Well, the subjects in the title don't have any relations to each other :-p


Today I and friends went to JASSO Japan Scholarship Foundation fair




What JASSO web says :
JASSO offers enhanced support programs for international students to maintain their academic level.The programs include: providing scholarships to international students, implementing international exchange programs, maintaining accommodation for international students,and improving application procedures for them by administering Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students, as well as collecting and disseminating information on study abroad.

I'm a second year graduate student of Pharmaceutical Science major, graduate program of Faculty of Pharmacy, Universitas Gadjah Mada
I've been thinking to continue my study abroad, may be to take another master or even doctorate program
I think Japan is one of my destination target ;-) though it's really hard to achieve scholarship there
Two of my friends just arrived Japan last week to become each doctorate and research student. Whoaa... I envy them :-D

In the end of JASSO fair (I was still daydreaming about study in Japan), my husband picked me up to have dinner together ;-)
We were so hungry and then we decided to eat at one of our favorites dining place, Phuket restaurant at Jln. Wahidin 8 Yogyakarta



It is a small but nice place to eat, sometimes you need to reserve table first before you get there
The restaurant serves Thai food and beverages, and also plays Thai songs


These are some menus

We ordered their most famous menu, seafood tom yum (we always order it extra hot), naan bread, and Phuket barbeque chicken

barbeque chicken with chilli-in-vinegar sauce


 Naan bread with sweet dipping sauce (is it one of Thai food?). Look at the sesame seed. I like it!


Spicy seafood tom yum 

It was the first time we ordered the barbeque chicken. It tastes good! Sweet barbeque chicken and sour vinegar sauce are good combination
The naan and tom yum were as great as usual. The tom yum contains mostly shrimp (I'm allergic to them so my husband always eat them all), fish ball, oyster, squid, and mushroom for bonus :-)
For the drink, we ordered sugar-free hot tea. All the tasty foods were closed by the right taste :-)

Ok that's all for today, I'm getting sleepy. Good night
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment