Friday, October 22, 2010

Herborist banana body butter review

Banana body butter in tube

Herborist is pretty well known in Indonesia for its body scrub product. Nowadays Herborist also produces body lotion and body butter. I will review the body butter ones.
I bought herborist body butter for less than $1 per tube (IDR 9000). Nett weight is 80 g.
I picked the banana variant because it smelled really nice when I sniffed it. Other variants are mango, avocado, and papaya.


The body butter has nice consistency, not too thick, not too thin and easy to be spread, suitable for daytime usage. The good thing is it contains UV filter (octyl methoxy cinnamate) and comes in tube packaging :-)
It moistens my skin well, better than other drugstore lotion. But I don't really like the smell when I put it on skin. Turns out it becomes overpowering fake banana smell. A bit smell of plasticizers too. I only use it on my feet so I don't have to smell it :-(
That's very bad because i like the consistency.


The ingredients are pretty good actually, it contains shea butter which is rich of vitamins, olive oil, vitamin E, UV filter, beeswax, and........real banana!
I don't know which part of banana being used
If it uses the peels, it will be very good because banana's peels contain phytoestrogen
Estrogen (or phytoestrogen) is important to skin because it prevents skin-aging and maintaining skin moisture by increasing skin collagen content :-)
Even so, I don't think to repurchase this product.

1 comment:

  1. If you are looking for skincare that will really show remarkable results, well, look no further! Skin identical means that these

    ingredients exist naturally in one’s skin and are recognized by the immune system as endemic to the body .

    ReplyDelete